NESA trolley bus
Photographed in the Danish Technical Museum at Helsingör, Denmark, on 12 June 2012.
Trolley buses were introduced in Gentofte (a suburb of Copenhagen) with one line in 1927 - operated by the regional power company, NESA. The network was gradually expanded to connect to the suburbs of Lyngby and Søborg also. From 1938 to 1963 trolley buses were operating on the route on Lyngbyvej to Nørreport Station (in downtown Copenhagen). From 1953 onward NESA operated 4 trolley bus lines. In 1963 the two lines to Nørreport Station were converted to operate with diesel buses. NESA replaced the last trolley bus with diesel buses in 1971.
Picture added on 27 September 2012 at 08:07